Friday, November 4, 2011

Versatile Tablescape

I wanted to share a pretty impromptu tablescape I created this morning using scrapbook paper and leftover scrap fabric. What I love about this creation is that you can customize it to any color scheme and it's super budget friendly!  I only used 8 pieces of scrapbook paper and the fabric was leftover from another project.  Do you recognize the impromptu tablecloth?  Lol!


Please pardon Mr. Sam who just couldn't stay out of the picture.
So, recognize the tablecloth?  It's a drop cloth!
Love the feel and the look, very vintage and farm-y.



The tablerunner is five sheets of coordinating scrapbook paper that I sewed around each edge of, then glued together.  The center of the middle paper has a sewn on smaller circle that came already die cut.  Easy.
I used my Fiskars border punch to create a scalloped edge around the center paper.  All total, this took me about 15 minutes to make...with sewing.  You can skip that part if you like, just decorate it like a scrapbook page!  I love using my scrap stuff for home dec...so frugal!


Remember the pumpkin from a previous post??
I added gingham around my candle holders (again, leftover fabric).  The napkins are sewn from leftover fabric and tied with cotton twine. 


I created little pockets for my utensils.  I did a quick sew around the edges and used my
$1 stamp from Walmart to embellish it.  I stamped it onto notebook paper and glued it on.  A quick snip of some green ric-rac (stapled on!) finished it off.  I added a layer of burlap under my china to give it a country look.  I just cut up some burlap I had and tucked it under there. 



Ball Mason jars serve as drink cups...embellished with cotton twine and little "enjoy" stamp.
Love it!


Simple and country. 
Just like I like it. 

Again, think of all the scrapbooking papers/supplies out there...this would be super easy to re create for your holiday table...you could customize it to you colors and theme. 

Thanks for looking!!

and please wish Ms. Madi a

HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY!!!



Happy day to all!

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your wonderful comments! They really make my day! I will always try to comment back within this section and if you are following me, I will happily follow you!