Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving


the kids and I crafted our Silk milk containers into birdie houses for our feathered friends.  We just have to stop and get some seed to fill them...we are thankful for the birds in our yard!



A little picture I crafted from scrapbook paper (my favorite colors red and turquoise).  I am
thankful for my wonderful crafting space!


Our yummy pumpkin pies....we are thankful for all our delicious food we will share with family this
Thanksgiving!



Yummy sweet potatoes for the Sweet Potatoe Casserole...topped with pecans!
I am thankful for this yummy southern treat!



Now everyone has their Thanksgiving horror stories, and here is ours....
despite hearing a hissing noise and smelling propane, my husband didn't think anything of not being
able to get the fryer to the appropriate temp.  After the wives intervened we had to make a trip to Walmart (oh Lord) and get a new regulator.  Well, of course they don't just have a regulator, so we had to get a new fryer.  Well, we get that home and guess what???  There's no regulator!  Back to Wally World and they have ONE fryer left.  God it home and by that time the turkey has been in for like nearly 3 hours and is now DONE.  Grrrrr.  So our meal was like 3 hours late, but stilll delicious!



Fried...crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside!



The fam at the table....drop cloth tablecloth...love it!


Our meal....cranberry relish, turkey (we had two!), broccoli cheese casserole, sweet potatoe casserole, cranberry stuffing, corn....ummmmm!


Nanny had her hands full!



Miss Madi...love the summer dress in mid November!


Monkey man Jacob...


Swinging Sam!


Miss Emma...pretty in her dress!


Nanny putting on Madi's bling-bling!

What a wonderful, laid back day we had full of fun, family, fiasco's and delicious food!
Hope you had a wonderul day with your family as well.
Good luck with your black Friday shopping...I'll be staying home!

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your wonderful comments! They really make my day! I will always try to comment back within this section and if you are following me, I will happily follow you!