Thursday, November 3, 2011

THANKFUL Bunting


Ii love drop clothes!  I am quickly finding out that you can make oodles of projects from just one. 
So far I've made a pillow cover, this bunting, a tablerunner and I have plans for curtains. 
I cut 8 diamond shaped panels from the dropcloth.  We'll just say I eyeballed it.  I'm not so much into measuring things!


I sew'd the edges with a quick zig zag stitch on my machine...


then sorted through my stash of foam letter stickers and paint.  I decided
to go with turquoise paint for the lettering.  Do you think it's too light?


I added wide brown seam binding as the top edge and attached it using orange thread in a zig zag stitch. 
To make the loops on the end, I folded two small pieces of ric-rac and sewed them on, embellishing the front
with a simple green button.



Looks pretty and a very simple decoration for the upcoming holiday.
I like it. 

Thanks for looking!

Happy Day To All!!

Sue

I'm sharing this at



shabby creek cottage

2 comments:

  1. Looks great...I love drop cloths too :) Laurel@chippingwithcharm

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it! thanks for visiting and following me. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your wonderful comments! They really make my day! I will always try to comment back within this section and if you are following me, I will happily follow you!