Monday, December 12, 2011

Easy Peanut Brittle

It's that time...time to make some homemade goodies for the holidays...number one item on my goodie list is Microwave Peanut Brittle!
This stuff flies out of my kitchen like hot cakes and it's super easy to make! I'll be packaging it in mason jars and attaching a pretty tag as gifts to friends, teachers, scout-mates...who knows else!



I found the recipe at All-Recipes...

Mix 1/2 cup light corn syrup and 1 cup of sugar in microwave safe bowl.
Microwave on high for 4 minutes.
Add 1 cup of salted peanuts.
Microwave for 3/5 minutes.
Add one teaspoon of vanilla and one teaspoon of baking soda.
(Watch out! It's hot and it foams up)
Pour onto buttered cookie sheet.
Chill and break into pieces.

A sweet treat for the holidays...and easy too!

Happy day to you!

Sue

Linking this up at...

Tatertots and Jello for the Holly Bloggy Christmas Linky Party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your wonderful comments! They really make my day! I will always try to comment back within this section and if you are following me, I will happily follow you!