Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Simple Habits

My husband recently attended Outdoor University as part of a training program for his work at Canady's Precision Air. His boss is a true believer in work ethic and training and the guys get a chance to attend seminars and workshops. A few weeks ago he attended a three day camping trip near Augusta, GA. Despite the rain, they had a great time. He recieved a copy of the book SIMPLE HABITS BY Rick Busby. My husband enjoyed the book and he shared it with me...

....the basics of the book is that there are habits, good and bad, in life and if you develop the good one's your life will be better for it. There is a quote in the beginning of the book, author unknown, that is so true.

I am your constant companion.
I am your greatest asset or heaviest burden.
I will push you up to success or down to disappointment.
I am at our command.
Half the things you do might just as well be turned over to me,
for I can do them quickly, correctly, and profitably.
I am easily managed, just be firm with me.
Those who are great, I have made great.
Those who are failures, I have made failures.
I am not a machine, though I work with the precision of a machine
and the intelligence of a person.
You can run me for profit, or you can run me for ruin.
Show me how you want it done. Educate me. Train me. Lead me. Reward me.
And I will then....do it automatically.
I am your servant.
Who am I ?
I am a habit.

So true, huh?
Do you have any habits? Good one's or bad one's? After reading through the pages and being inspired a bit, I thought I'd share with you...and take a month to focus on just one of the habits. After all, it takes 21 days of constancy to form a habit, so why not form some new good ones?

So today, my focus will be on this habit. One month. I'll update you as I go and if you are following along...please share your progress!

Habit: PRAY.

"Develop the habit of praying at least once a day. Use this time to thank God for all of your many blessings, to ask for forgiveness of your sins, to pray for guidance and to pray for all who need your prayers. Prayers do get answered, "Ask and ye shall receive". Communicating with God on a daily basis will change your life."

(courtesty of Simple Habits by Rick Busby)

Buzzbee Books



Happy day!

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your wonderful comments! They really make my day! I will always try to comment back within this section and if you are following me, I will happily follow you!