Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sewing frenzy!

My sewing machine has been missing me, so yesterday I brought her out, dusted her off and got to stitching!  I whipped up these two cute canvas bags. 


This bag is made of a heavy canvas fabric outside (love the pattern, eh?) and is lined is a mustard yellow muslin.  I added a pocket to the front with coordinating fabric and embellished the pocket with some leftover scraps. 



I created the handles, by sewing on four tabs (x stitched for strength) and then attached split rings.  I braided two 16 inch lengths of muslin together to create the handles themselves.  It's very sturdy and pretty!

{Everyday Bag}


This bag is also of heavy canvas fabric and lined in creme muslin.  The idea behind this bag was more of a storage bag to just, well, hang around.  For diapers, or toys, or whatever! 



It cinches up  nicely and also has braided handles.

Both of these items are available at Marketplace.
Check it out today!  It's a great site if you like to sell your
crafty goodness!

Blessings!

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your wonderful comments! They really make my day! I will always try to comment back within this section and if you are following me, I will happily follow you!