Monday, May 28, 2012

in the garden....


Our garden is blooming!  I am especially in love with the sunflowers..big old floppy heads, so cheerful!  The one in the pic above is about 9 ft tall!


This one has lots of flowers!  I am going to plant a whole row of sunflowers in my garden next year
because they are super easy to grow and I just love them.


Catnip on the right....cats can't wait till this is dried...this was a little quart sized plant about a month ago...has grown tremendously!



Knock out roses...love em!


My cilantro has gone to seed....I could eat this with anything!


Mints gone wild!


Cucumbers are starting to grow...gonna make a big old pickle jar!


These little guys somehow ended up in my deck flowerbeds.  I let them be and just pick em as I need them.  LOL


Growing alongside the tomatoes....


The kittens....from Monkey....our adopted stray who came with the house!
One of the pure white kittens has a blue and a green eye.  I think she's deaf. 
I had an identical cat as a child, and he was deaf.  I think it's a genetic thing.
They are so funny...they climb the trees and live in the shed and frolic around in the woods.


What's growing in your garden?

xoxo

sue

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sue,
    Your sunflowers are gorgeous. I haven't planted any since the deer ate all of mine the first year I planted them. I should find a space inside the garden for them. Right now I have so much zucchini that I made a cake with it, and I will start some pickle making today. Canning season is beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous garden Sue!!!! I really want to plant some sunflowers but my hubs says they are too messy!!! :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your wonderful comments! They really make my day! I will always try to comment back within this section and if you are following me, I will happily follow you!