Thursday, February 2, 2012

planting in january?


It will take me a while to get used to this.  I'm from the Northeast.
There's snow on the ground in January. 
The ground is frozen.
You can't grow anything.



But here, well here in Georgia, it's different.
Lowe's is carrying flowers.
Lots of them.
So I'm planting flowers in January.



These are my knockout roses.
Gosh I hope they do well.
I'm babying them. :)


I bought another Golden Raintree.
I'ts on the opposite end of the deck



Things got moved into the beds. 
I can't wait to see it all filled in.



Everything seems to be doing well
The chickens are loving taking dirt baths in the beds though
I also just threw some wildflowers seeds in, just to see if they
grow!

And I also planted my first raised garden bed this week...
beets, carrots, radishes, peas and onions.
I'll photo that in about two weeks, when hopefully we will have some seedlings
sprouting!

xoxo

sue
(wanna be gardener)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sue,
    Looks like you have been very busy planting.I have been catching up with some of your recent posts.That table you made for your deck is awesome. Love your valentine background, too! Have a great weekend. ~Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your wonderful comments! They really make my day! I will always try to comment back within this section and if you are following me, I will happily follow you!