Tuesday, November 29, 2011

simple christmas

What could be better than no stress at the holidays? How about easy, nature inspired Christmas decor? Umm, you say...rocks, papers...tree branches? Yes, it's all here...well, minus the rocks, but I'm sure my kids drug some in here somewhere!

I made these cutie little ornaments from scrapbook paper and had the branches there from my fall decor...so I thought, what the heck? Let's decorate them too!



I used little bitty clothespins to clip the birdies on...so cute and simple!

Now, the husband won a cute little galvanized coca-cola tub with these in it...
(he drank every last one of them)...


I've got some plans in the making for these...so stay tuned for that!

And oh, my goodness...I saw the cutest cupcake christmas trees over at
36th Avenue , plus she has great ideas for handmade gifts under $5!

I decided that these would be my Christmas cards this year...Love, love, love it!!

Getting it all  together!

**************************************

Dollar store snowflakes!


I need something to hang off my planter posts on the new deck and I found these over at the Dollar Tree...sparkly and twinkly in the sun and the nighttime lights!

How are you decorating on a budget this year??


I visited on of my favorite blogs this morning Mayamade, and she, too, had a simple Christmas plan for a stress free holiday....a list.  A list of things she wanted to do with her children, and it's all pre-planned so you celebrate what is important and meaningful in your holiday time with your family...

Here's my list...

1.  Letters to Santa
2.  Cinnamon ornaments
3.  Salt dough snowmen
4.  Visit Guido Gardens to see the lights.
5.  Hot cocoa night
6.  Make styrofoam snowmen
7.  Make Christmas cards
8.  Make outdoor bird feeders
9.  Collect pine cones and pine boughs to decorate
10.  Watch  A Christmas Story
11.  Donate old toys
12.  Cut out snowflakes
13.  Bake cookies

What's on your list of musts this season??

happy day!

Sue
Happy day!

Sue

1 comment:

  1. Those snowflakes look so pretty hanging on the posts. I'm glad you said which dollar store you got them. We have been thinking about hanging snowflakes on our garden fence. I can't wait to start baking cookies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your wonderful comments! They really make my day! I will always try to comment back within this section and if you are following me, I will happily follow you!