Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Bedroom Makeover has begun!

Now, I've gotten a little (umm) sidetracked with  my 25 days of thanks...but that will get back on track, and besides spontaneity is the spice of life, right?  Or more like too many things to do and I can't ge then all done is my life right now!  Seems I'm not the only one this is happening to, lots of my fellow bloggers seem to be finding themselves a little bit behind.  No worries...I can hardly believe that Thanksgiving is like TWO weeks away...more family will be visiting, I have a guest room to get together and in the midst of this, I decided to paint my bedroom this week.  Well, the paint has been sitting on the floor for lets' say, 5 weeks?  Lol.  Again, no worries.  I plan on living here until I die, so it will all get done.

Now onto the bedroom....my master bedroom.  I decided on a lovely slate gray and surprisingly it matches my current comfoter.  I wanted to do less color, more texture.  Very neutral and soothing.  It's still pretty empty because its' a work in progress.


My paint color...Azure Snow by Valspar

Before....white!  white!  white!



No curtains, now style AT ALL!



AFTER....



The color is very subtle, but I love it.  I added white sheers and these waffle weave curtains for texture. 
I plan on changing out the bedspread...thinking a knobby chenille?  I also have two fabulous black shades with embroidered white flowers and vines on them (from Lowe's) that I have been searching for lamp bases for.  Still looking :)


There's my goodwill mirror!


That is Scooter..he's a big fatso!
Remember my pretty Goodwill dresser? 



And then there is this HUGE blank wall?  What to do?  What to do?
Ideas?  Help me out here friends!
I plan on making or finding an ornate mirror for above the dresser.
I also need something over the bed.

We need more layers...but like I said, it's a work in progress...:)

Love to hear your ideas and appreciate your input...thanks all!

I'm linking this up at

Photobucket
Sue

1 comment:

  1. It looks good now that you put curtains. Oh i can't wait to see the finished room. I am the lucky 10 follower.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your wonderful comments! They really make my day! I will always try to comment back within this section and if you are following me, I will happily follow you!