Thursday, November 17, 2011

country style christmas frame

Don't you just love it when something so simple just happens and it turns out beautiful?  It happened to me this morning.  I swear I've been wracking my brains trying to come up with super ideas to post about, then it struck me.  Stop stressing...create for yourself.  Create what you love.  The blog posting is simple after that!

So this is what came together for me this morning....


A square frame in unfinished wood got a coat of gesso....then got distressed with a sanding block and
some brown ink...



Last nite I threaded these letters onto my cotton twine to spell out some holiday words...
thumbtacks added them to the frame....


and pretty little gingham ribbon separated them all.


Won't this be sweet on a mantel for the holidays?

So I remind myself today to create what I love, not so caught up in trying to keep up...just slow down and enjoy the creative process. 

I'm linking this here...
shabby creek cottage


happy day!

Sue


also linking here...

1 comment:

Thank you for your wonderful comments! They really make my day! I will always try to comment back within this section and if you are following me, I will happily follow you!