Friday, June 15, 2012

Doodle Lampshade

I needed a reading lamp for over my reading chair.  Not a whole lot of choices out there, so I went with the simplest (cheapest!) one I could find.  It came with a plain white plastic lampshade.  Ugh.


That's ok, though, because I have Sharpie markers and paint.  A little while sitting at the kitchen counter and I had hand doodled and painted the shade into this....



Ha ha!  Cute and funky. 
After I did it, I thought about all the other ways I could have decorated it.  Stamped it?
Anyhow, no matter...Emma loves it and it adds a little quirkiness to my reading spot!

happy creating to you!

Sue

1 comment:

  1. Sue, you are so creative! That lampshade is adorable and the flowers are straight out of the 60s. I know you don't remember the 60s, but here's how we described thing then-GROOVY!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your wonderful comments! They really make my day! I will always try to comment back within this section and if you are following me, I will happily follow you!