Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Random sewing

I have a secret.  I love to sew.  I'm not very good at it, but I love everything about it.  Wonky stiches, hand stitches, uneven seams, I love it all!  My sewing machine frustrates me somedays, but I love to hear the whirr of it as it places a nice zig-zag stitch down my fabric.

I found a you tube video on how to make a casserole cover that was really easy!  I decided to try it out yesterday.  I made this one (it's too small to hold a casserole dish, but I just wanted to see how it worked out!)




It was really easy.  I quilted my sides and I love how easy the straps attached to it. 
All in all, it took me about 3 hours, with kids running amok!

Want to see the tutorial...go here!
Thanks Crafty Gemini for the easy to follow tute!

******

I'm also loving making bags.  I found this fabric at Wally World (lol)
and Jacob wanted a bag, so I added the pocket out of my stash.  
I think it will make a great library tote. :)
I'm kind of loving it!



The pattern is really sweet.  I lined the inside in a gold cotton fabric.

***************

Banners.  I love them too.
Well, I might love them most of all.
And red hearts, well, red hearts on banners just go together.

My sewing machine decided to get a little crazy and take off on it's on, then it completely missed a whole line of sewing.  Not to worry, I handstitched it and I think it just gives it a little *charm*.




Bitten by the sewing bug, I was today...
happy day to you!

sue


2 comments:

  1. Hi Sue,
    I love to sew also, mostly pillows and curtains. Hate sewing clothes for myself they look just too homemade. Love the casserole holder and the bag. Might make some bags myself. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue,
    I love your sewing projects. Everything turned out really cute, especially the tote bag. I think you could sell those!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your wonderful comments! They really make my day! I will always try to comment back within this section and if you are following me, I will happily follow you!