Monday, January 23, 2012

Door Re-Do

I had one of those plain old doors from Lowe's that I was utilizing as my craft desk, but I decided it was wayyyyyy to big for the room, so I took it out. So it leaned on a wall for a while, got moved upstairs, then downstairs and finally I just decided to do something with it.

So, I painted it antique white and sanded the edges.  I used my Cricut to cut out a 5 inch parenthesis and the word DREAM from some b/w cardstock I had laying around.



I added two sweet little butterflies....


...then took a pencil eraser top and made polka dots all over it with gesso. 
The whole thing got a coat of modge podge and now it's ready to go up on my bedroom wall!
I didn't get it up there yet, so I don't have a pic of that!

Have to move items from one wall to another...so hopefully I can get that done tomorrow and post some "hung" pictures! 

Great way to repurpose a cheap door...it makes a great paint canvas!

xoxo
sue


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your wonderful comments! They really make my day! I will always try to comment back within this section and if you are following me, I will happily follow you!