Thursday, December 8, 2011

simple wrapping

"Brown paper packages tied up with string, these are a few of my favorite things....."

I love, love, love the look of brown kraft paper tied with cotton twine. It invokes memories of a busy Christmas Main street with men and women all dressed in their finest scurrying about doing last minute shopping. Sigh. Wonderful Christmas thoughts and things.

Jacob is having a book swap at his school for the holidays and we had to donate a book and wrap it. What better way to wrap a book, then in kraft?
We chose a well-loved Madeline book and I carefully wrapped it and tied a length of twine around it. It was lacking a bit though so I spied a polka dotted piece of red/green scrap paper sitting in my stash. Snip, snip.....there's a shape. A quick stitch on the sewing maching. Stamp, stamp...there's the tag Shuffle, shuffle....searching for a perfect tag in the "tag box"....then it was ready to go.



This is my Christmas...a little utilitarian and a whole lot of handmade.


How are you wrapping your gifts?

happy day!

Sue

linking this up at


shabby creek cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your wonderful comments! They really make my day! I will always try to comment back within this section and if you are following me, I will happily follow you!