Friday, December 9, 2011

permission granted

Wow. The hustle and bustle of the holidays are in full swing. The past few days however have had me in a bit of a funk. Moody, grumpy, overwhelmed. Full moon? Ummmm...after a long talk with my mum-in-law I discovered that guess what? I can't and don't have to do it all. So last night I gave myself permission to just stop and do something nice for myself. So I did.

I mixed up about 2 gallons of pretty hot water, 2 cups of epsom salts, 1/3 cup of grapeseed oil, 20 drops of peppermint oil into a big old tub. And then I stuck my feet in it for a delightful 30 minutes. Ahhhhhh.

Today, I kept on that vibe. I remembered over on Soulemama last year she had a wonderful recipe for Peppermint lip balm. I only had to run and get the coconut oil...everything else I had on hand.



I mixed up a batch.  Find the recipe here
I have enough lip balm to last quite a long time.
I'll probably make another batch for gifting...but I'll need to get some containers.
My second good thing for me :)

And then I bejeweled myself for the third thing.
Ha!  Nothing expensive, mind you!
Just some trinkets on a long chain.
I like it, it was easy, and it makes me happy.



And now I'm sitting here posting this drinking some
yummy tart cranberry juice out of a pretty wine glass.
Because, guess what? 
We don't have to do it all.
We deserve a break.
And we need to give ourselves permission to do it.
So, allow me, to give you, my friends, permission to
take care of yourself.
To do something nice for yourself today
just because it makes you happy.

Happy unstressful holidays...
sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your wonderful comments! They really make my day! I will always try to comment back within this section and if you are following me, I will happily follow you!